Home | Digital Resources | My Facebook | My YouTube | Jesuits | JVP | Ateneo

Sunday, February 22, 2009

class description


{here's my class description for my class 4 integrity titans which will be publised for the vinculuum yearbook. it has been a great year.}

4 Integrity Mighty Titans (por in-teg-ri-tee mai-tee tīt'n)

– noun

  1. Composed of 37 highly distinct, talented and intelligent species, brainstormed by the cunning cute Jesuit to harness, with the principles of truth, diligence, generosity and integrity.
  2. An epitome characterized by various shapes and sizes (ex. Monkey, Dr. love, Jackie, owl, kabz, korny, Ryan Agoncillo, valedictorian, buwaya, buang, juday, baka, alien, chris brown, pato, Rihanna, John Lloyd, abnu, scholar ng pilipinas, kamay, armpit, alabuton, tissue, disgrasyada, isog, mr. barker, haring banyo, britishly, isip-ulan, Barney, almost perfect, side kick, small wonders, strong five, extreme five, baon people, etc., etc., etc.) .
  3. Always late, always cramming, always second but never the champion, yet bonded with the zeal to make a difference, to take up the challenge, and above all, to have fun and they did.
  4. God’s cute and lovable children.


My dearest Mighty Titans,


Do you know what it means to love?


I started this question from our verse choir piece because I think this captures so much with what you have experienced in your 4th year life. When I first met you during your 3rd year recollection, I saw a class full of care and love with one another. Remember? The crying boys and girls! Though during that year there weren’t much to celebrate because of the many defeats and struggles you faced along the way. But that’s okay. I saw then the greatness in you and I realized what a great class this could turn out to be. And how mysterious life is? I stepped in as your 4 Integrity adviser though unworthy I am. During my watch, it gives me much pleasure to see you all growing these past months. You are now all different since the very day you stepped in the Integrity room. We never won any championship since the very start. But what is more important than trophies and recognition are the moments you have worked together, struggling to set aside differences and weaknesses. Those moments tested your friendship and bond, and it brought out the best of you. These memories I will always treasure in my heart. And I am so proud, proud, proud of all of you.


Thank you very much for sharing your life and your wonderful friendship with me. Do you still remember the time I said I won’t promise anything to you? But what I can offer is my friendship and presence, and that I will never leave you no matter what. I hope I was able to do this for you. But most of all, I wanted to thank you because you are really part of my vocation. Perhaps you don’t know but you have taught me so many things in life and my heart can’t really explain my gratefulness for you. Truly, "One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."1


Lastly, my final message for you is that whenever life seems so difficult to comprehend and to stay on, just remember these three important reminders: 1. God who will always love you unconditionally no matter what; 2. the spirit and memories of Ateneo, a home you can always relish and ignite again your hearts to desire for magis; 3. and somewhere out there, 37 of your friends including me are praying for you and softly cheering on for you … “everywhere we go, people wanna know, who we are, so we tell them, we are the Titans, the mighty mighty Titans, ohh ahh, ohh yeah, . . .”


So, do you know what it means to love?


1 from The Little Prince

No comments:


Copyright © 2006 er2ol. All rights reserved. Patent Pending.